Transcend's CM42 and CM80 are enclosures in different form factors designed specifically for M.2 SATA SSDs. By following the step-by-step installation guide, you can transform an M.2 SATA SSD into a portable USB 3.1 Gen 1 external drive, maximizing utilization.
Sleek, pocketable design
Transcend's M.2 SSD enclosure features a lightweight aluminum construction, making it both portable and durable while you are on the move. A LED indicator lets you know when the drive is in use.
USB Type-A and Type-C supported
To accommodate devices with different USB ports, the M.2 SSD enclosure is engineered to convert to a USB Type-C port, offering flexibility of being used on different platforms with either USB Type-A or Type-C port.
Enhanced performance with UASP
The M.2 SSD enclosure uses the USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface incorporated with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) that makes transfer speeds faster than with a sole USB 3.0 interface when used with a UASP-enabled host computer.
Quick and easy installation
- Insert an M.2 SSD into the connector on the adapter.
- Screw the M.2 SSD onto the adapter.
- Place the M.2 SSD assembly into the enclosure with the USB Type-C connector facing outward.
- Screw the metal plate to the front of the enclosure.
- Attach the aluminum sticker to the front panel. Do not obstruct the LED hole.
- Connect the M.2 SSD enclosure to your computer.
To be compatible with the most common M.2 SATA solid state drives, Transcend offers two enclosures in different form factors for multiple drive heights. The CM42 enclosure is for type 2242 only, whereas the CM80 can mount type 2242, 2260, and 2280.
- General Information
- Transcend Information, Inc
- Manufacturer Website Address
- Brand Name
- Product Name
- M.2 SSD Enclosure Kit
- Product Type
- Drive Enclosure
- Network & Communication
- UASP Support
- Drive Interface
- Serial ATA/600
- Host Interface
- USB 3.1
- Physical Characteristics
- Form Factor
- 7.5 mm
- 33.6 mm
- 81.4 mm
- Weight (Approximate)
- 29 g